Nickey A Bowman founded Bowman Electric Company in 1958 and Nabco Electric Company, Inc. in 1962. He believed that there was a place in the electrical construction industry for a company that was totally committed to craftsmanship of the highest quality.
Here at NABCO, we have continued to follow that commitment to quality craftsmanship and it has led us to success by making us the only option for many of our customers throughout the Southeast.
NABCO’s professional workforce consists of certified electricians and apprentices who are enrolled in the Joint Apprentice Training in Chattanooga (JATC) Program. Our people are knowledgeable in the most current code requirements and skilled in the newest industry advancements. NABCO’s project managers and in-house engineers work closely with clients on an individual project basis.
- 1958: Bowman Electric Company founded
- 1962: NABCO Electric Company Founded
- 1977: Nickey A. Bowman Elected President/Governor East Tennessee NECA Chapter
- 1980: First international project completed
- 1999: NABCO exceeds 100+ employees
- 2000: NABCO acquires Woody Electric Company
- 2003: NABCO acquires Robert B. Johnson Electric
- Greg Bowman elected President East Tennessee NECA Chapter
- Nickey Bowman inducted into National Electrical Academy in Los Angeles, CA
- 2005: Greg Bowman appointed to Council on Industrial Relations
- 2007: NABCO Joins North American Electrical Partnership (NAEP)
- 2013: NABCO opens Cleveland, TN office
- 2018: Greg Bowman inducted into National Electrical Academy in Philadelphia, PA
IMSA Work Zone
IMSA Level I, II & III Traffic Signal Field Technician
IMSA Traffic Signal Inspector
BICSI Fiber Installer Level 2, Optical Fiber (INSTF)
CIC Certified Crane Operator for TB21-75
LEED Green Associate Certification
OSHA - NABCO’s Safety and Health Program has been reviewed and approved as OSHA Compliant by National Compliance Management Services for electrical work in the chemical and petroleum industry.
Better Business Bureau - Member in good standing since 1996.
NABCO holds electrical and general contracting licenses in Tennessee. We also maintain licenses in several other states and can obtain additional state licenses based on project needs.
Bonded and Insured
NABCO is fully bonded and insured to operate in every state we are licensed to provide services.